Thursday, June 20, 2013

Camp Mommy Rocks!

Yep, tooting my own horn - but I don't do this often! Bri and I have had a blast this week while Heath and Allie were away at camp. We went shopping, painted nails, went to the library (our favorite place for movies and music), had dinner at Sweetfrogs, went swimming, and crafted a lot! I think that my favorite was the crafting part. I am always up for a challenge, and I found one this week. I wanted to create the "Saige" look on a budget. (For those of you who don't know, Saige is the American Girl of the Year who just happens to look just like Allie!) I found her dress at our local consignment shop and her belt in Allie's things at home. The accessories were a bit more tricky . . . her purse was from a thrift store and the jewelry was hand-crafted by Brianna and myself. We were exhausted but very pleased with the finished products! Tomorrow we will make another Saige set for Bri. Allie will get the first set because it is part of her birthday presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment